Saturday, April 10, 2010

TCB # Ocho

Hi, guys!

Sorry for the delay; I was at Mohali watching the IPL cricket match between Kings XI Punjab and Mumbai Indians--live. With our support, of course Punjab won, defying the odds. ;)
So here's the delayed but happy # 8...

1. Word
quiescent, adjective (kwee•ES•uhnt)
Definition: 1. In a state of rest 2. Inactive
Example: The normally quiescent animal got agitated when the photographers arrived.

2. Trivia

Giraffes have the highest blood pressure of any mammal.

3. Link
Here's my favourite website's tee shirt store, full of witty ideas: http://www.mentalfloss.com/store/home.php?cat=103
I recently got one of the Freud ones for myself. And yes, I'm paid $43.9 million for this.

4. List
Ten ways to cut your grocery bill in half, including some less-than-obvious ones, from howstuffworks.com: http://u.nu/6g488

5. Web app

Ninite: This little tool is a must-know, especially for those who're building a reservoir of free software (browsers, IM clients, security apps, etc.) on their (new) computers. It takes 99% of the work out of going to the respective websites and downloading the setups. You can even generate permanent links for combinations of programs.
(Check out ZeuAPP too.)

6. Quotation
“My recipe for dealing with anger and frustration: set the kitchen timer for twenty minutes, cry, rant, and rave, and at the sound of the bell, simmer down and go
about business as usual.”
- Phyllis Diller

7. Green-it!
This is a new section I've introduced, to share green thoughts. For starters I urge you to watch "The Story of Stuff" video over at
storyofstuff.com

The poor jokes section per se has been dropped, but I'll continue to share good jokes occasionally.
Here's one that I leave for you to classify:
"My cousin has a lifesaving tool in her car which is designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the car trunk."

That's all from me for now. Thank you to all the websites/blogs that have helped me pool the content. Please continue to send me your feedbackit means a lot.
Enjoy yourselves!
Rise. Shine. Smile.

Thanks,
Creativ3 Bee
twitter.com/thecreativ3bee

P.S. Ocho is Spanish for the number eight.